Breakfast at the Inn
Wake up to a multi-course breakfast, with servings between 8:30 and 9:30. Our breakfast is served in the dining room area with a menu which changes daily. Cold beverages are available throughout the day, and we will gladly serve tea or coffee as well.
The quality and the attractiveness of the food we serve is important to us at the R. R. Thompson House. Oregon has a bounty of berries (blueberries, raspberries and strawberries) and fruits in the summer and we enjoy serving them. We are fortunate to live close to a ‘berry farm!’ We are also happy to accommodate special dietary needs; please advise us when you make your reservation. We have personal experience with the gluten free diet and are familiar with other dietary restrictions and preferences as well.
Breakfast begins with a medley of fruits — berries, from local farms in season; melons and citrus. Savor a cup of French press coffee or choose from a variety of teas. Enjoy a glass of orange juice, a blend of orange and berry or a refreshing mango drink.
Our breakfasts include:
- French press coffee or tea and juice
- Fresh seasonal fruit plate – berries, peaches, pears and/or citrus
- Home baked quick breads, muffins, coffee cake or scones
A sampling of our hot entrees:
- Brie cheese omelet with diced vegetables (red and yellow peppers, mushrooms, olives and/or onions; you select the ingredients)
- French toast with homemade fruit compote and toasted almonds
- Cheese-stuffed crepes with poached pear
- Garden vegetable quiche with homemade crust
Whether you plans include wine tasting, driving through the beautiful countryside or visiting a museum, our breakfasts are sure to be a satisfying start to your day.